We've just added Boolean searching to Heap CRM. Now don't worry you can still do a simple search or search by sound. But now you can be even more specific with your searches (if you choose).
Let's say I want to find all messages with the word design; simple enough, just type it in.
Alright now let's say I want to find all messages with design but not the word direction. Ok just put the - operator in front of the word.
Ok, now what if you just want the messages with direction to be lowly ranked and but not be eliminated entirely. Just use the ~ operator.
Other operators include (operators are placed in front of words):
- + Indicates that the word must be present
- - Indicates the word can not be present
- ~ Indicates the word should decrease the rank of the result
- < Indicates the word is important, but not as important as other words
- > Indicates the word is more important than other words
You can also search using a wild-card. So if you want to find all variations of apple you could search for apple* and you would find apple, apples, applesauce, etc.
If you want to search for a specific phrase just put it in double quotes (e.g. "search phrase").