In response to our survey results we have adjusted our development schedule. First, we are working on education. That starts today with the release of the Heap CRM manual. But we aren't just announcing a manual we are announcing the manual podcast.
Here's how it works. Click on the "iTunes" button on the main Heap website or click on the link above. Then click "subscribe" after iTunes opens up. This way, any time there is an update to the manual you will get it automatically.
The printed manual will be followed by a series of intermediate level videos building on the introductory video. Each video will also be published in our collection of video podcasts; you can now watch our tutorials on your computer, iPod or even you big screen tv (with an Apple TV). For a complete list of options open iTunes, select the iTunes Store and search for "Heap CRM."
Over the next two weeks you will see videos explaining:
- RSS and Messages
- iCalendar and Calendars
- Importing and Exporting data with Heap
- A Detailed look at Search
This will be followed by a week of small enhancements including:
- The ability to check-off (or mark complete) events and tasks
- RSS feeds of messages based on the lead, opportunity, customer or archive that it's associated to.
- Using Event Templates more then once on a single lead, opportunity, customer or archive
- A general enhancement to the way the person page looks
That's when we will get into the major project for the next month: E-Mail. By the end of May, Heap will be able to:
- Import E-Mail as Messages (Including Attachments)
- Receive E-Mail forwarded to Heap and save it as a Message (Including Attachments)
- Create E-Mail Templates, Merge data with Variables and send out Email based on Categories.
If you haven't seen Heap in a while you might want to check back. In the last week we have added:
- A Google Maps link, so it's nice an convenient when you need directions.
- A "By Organization" sorting option on people, leads, opportunities, customers and archives
- Easier importing of data from Apple Address Book with a custom made script (check the help page)